Composite Decking Options
The composite or wpc deckboard and trims we use are manufactured using a 60% wood 40% polymer mix. Composite deckboards are very strong and robust and are more resistant than timber to rot. However, on exposure to sunlight they may loose some colour but will settle usually after no more than six months to a even more natural looking tone than the original colour.
- Designed to require very little maintenance; can be cleaned with lightly soaped water and the occasional jet wash
- Polymer products do not need painting, sanding or sealing
- Manufactured by PAL GROUP (operations) LIMITED under the controls of BS EN ISO 9001 quality standard
- Tested by Fire Technology Services (a UKAS accredited company) in accordance with BS 476: Part 7: 1987 (Method for classification of the surface spread of flame of products). Our material, specifically rigid PVC exceeded and was certified to the requirements of BS 476: Part 7: 1987 (as amended) Class 1
- Tested by independent slip risk assessors Grip Potential Limited. Both 100% UPVC and 60/40 composite products have been tested in dry and wet conditions to BS7976-2.
- Hand rail and post reinforcements are produced from cold rolled mild steel and are galvanised to British Standard BS EN 10346 : 2009